2013 Judges Panel
- John Broderson, Associate General Counsel with the Kimberly-Clark Corporation *, **
- Peter DeLisle, Ph.D, Director of the Posey Leadership Institute at Austin College
- Kevin Fegan, Ed.D, President of Northwood University - Texas
- Rosario E. Heppe, Senior Director – Corporate Compliance with Fluor Corporation *
- James Olan Hutcheson, Founder and Managing Partner of ReGeneration Partners *
- Dr. Rita Kirk, PhD, Director, Cary M. McGuire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility , Altshuler Distinguished Teaching Professor
and Communication Studies Professor at Southern Methodist University
- Richard Peregoy, D.P.S., College of Business, University of Dallas
- David Reid, TI Ethics Director – Emeritus, Texas Instruments **
- David Sokolsky, President of Daisy Brand, LLC. *, **
* Past Winner, Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award
** Past Winner, American Business Ethics Award
In addition, a team of 10 students from the Austin College Leadership Institute, led by senior Athena Padgett, are participating in the judging process as student evaluators. The student’s role is to visit the workplace of each nominated company and review the award submission with company officials as well as note their observations of company employees “in action.” The student evaluators will provide a written report to the judges in advance of the April judging meeting. They will also join the judges at this meeting to answer any questions the judges may have of their site visits and subsequent reports. In the past, these student evaluations have proven invaluable to the judges in terms of helping to humanize the written submission of each nominated company.
Nominees submit entry packages consisting of documentation supporting the company’s commitment to business ethics, ethics programs, ethical practices and commitment to stakeholders. The entry packets are then reviewed by an independent panel representing the business, academic, public service, and consulting communities in North Texas. View criteria for entry.